Philosophy of care:
- Creating a holistic and collaborative wellness journey that will empower you to take charge of your health - including nutrition, lifestyle, and self-care habit changes.
- Understanding our bodies and selves as women is a vital component in making individual changes - all transformation begins with awareness. Practicing mindfulness and listening to our intuition is an essential part of this.
- Establishing a positive relationship with food is the first step in creating healthy and sustainable habits - using Intuitive Eating principles to make peace with food.
- Healing the body, mind, and soul - empowerment and compassion from within and from me to accomplish self-identified goals at a pace that feels right for you.
- Frequent appointments and consistent communication between appointments to increase accountability towards goals.
- Incorporating alternative therapies and working as a team with other health care providers can be the ultimate opportunity to make lasting changes.
Alex McKee, MS, RDN
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Master of Science in Nutrition, Founder of Nourishing Roots PNW and your partner during your wellness journey.
How I can help you..
In-depth nutrition assessments of your current lifestyle and eating habits, coupled with goal setting and support to accomplish those goals, will give you a running start towards wellness!
Frequent check-ins and consistent communication between appointments to increase accountability towards your goals.
Online sessions available to make these services easily accessible to fit your busy schedule. Appointments are also available evenings and weekends.
Breastfeeding support, creating a healthy food environment, and establishing positive eating habits for babies, children, and families are more personal passions that I would love to share with you.
Feeding and healing the body, mind, and soul.
What I've learned about working towards wellness...
It is holistic and whole-bodied!
comprehensive, compassionate care.
We as humans are so complex. Add onto that our daily responsibilities which may include raising children, taking care of family, and maybe even breastfeeding, that's a lot! By taking a look at our wellness from a multi-factorial and comprehensive approach, I believe we can make sustainable changes that will truly increase our quality of life. Along with these changes must come compassion for ourselves for the road ahead as well as empowerment from me, your support and fellow wellness warrior. Are you ready to get started?